Introduction to the Policy
Hayr collects a lot of data of every user who creates a profile on our website or app. This includes Name, Contact No. and the image of Driving License and other documents. This information is collected as a first touch point to create a profile on our app is mandatory to avail the services on the Website or Application. Without this no user is allowed to access the Hayr Services.
What the user should rest assured with Hayr?
1. The Driving License and other data cannot be accessed by any person in the organization be it whatsoever except in case of criminal cases and police verification required against the user.
2. The data is kept with the company till the time the user has an account with Hayr.
3. Name, Phone no. and Email address can be assessed by other Hayr subsidiaries and third party apps connected with Hayr only for ads and promotional purposes.
4. The confidential data of Driving License and other documents cannot be leaked outside to any vendor.
5. The location and the trip details can be used by the company for promotional and ads services. All promotional offers and discounts to any customer are subject to the no. of trips and the length of those trips with Hayr.
Questions, comments and complaints about Hayr’s data practices can be submitted to Hayr’s data protection office through writing an email at email@example.com
USES OF USER DATA
- Information that you provide to Hayr, such as when you create your Hayr account such as Name, Phone no., email id, Driving license ,location details.
The following information is collected by or on behalf of Hayr:
1. Information you provide
This may include:
- Your basic profile: We collect information when you create or update your Hayr account. This may include your name, email, phone number, login name and password, address, payment or banking information (including related payment verification information), driver’s license or passport if required by law, birth date, photo and signature. This also includes vehicle or insurance information of customer. This also includes the preferences and settings that you enable for your Hayr account.
- Verification Information: Hayr collects this data to verify as to check whether you possess driving skills or not.
- Demographic data: We may collect demographic information about you, your behavioral preferences through user surveys. This demographic data may also be collected through other apps attached to Hayr app.
- Your feedback and complaints: We may collect information that you submit when you contact Hayr customer support, provide ratings, comments or compliments for other users, or otherwise contact Hayr.
2. Information created when you use our services
This may include:
- Depending on the Hayr services that you use, and your app settings or device permissions, we may collect your precise or approximate location information as determined through data such as GPS, IP address and WiFi.
- If you are a customer you have to give permission for the processing of location data, Hayr collects location information when the Hayr app is running in the foreground and display the nearest available cars. In certain regions, Hayr also collects this information when the Hayr app is running in the background of your device if this collection is enabled through your app settings or device permissions.
- Customers cannot use the Hayr app without enabling Hayr to collect their location information.
- We collect transaction details related to your use of our services, including the type of services you requested and the amount spend by you on the app. If someone uses your promotion code or referral code, we may put it in your transaction history too.
- Hayr collects information about how you use our services. This includes information such as activity on the app, location services, app features or website, app crashes and other third party system activity, type of browser. In some cases, we record this information through cookies, pixel tags, and similar apps that make and manipulate unique features.
- We may record data about the devices that use our services, including whichever hardware devices used by you, device IP address, operating systems, software, your preferred languages, unique device identifiers, advertising recognizers, serial numbers, device motion information, and mobile network information.
- We enable users to communicate with each other and Hayr through the Hayr apps, websites, and other services. We use this data to improve our product and make it better. Also this is used for various analytical purposes.
3. Other Sources data
This is obtained from the following sources:
- User feedback, such as ratings or feedback
- User data in connection with referral programs.
- Users requesting services for or someone else’s behalf
- Hayr business partners through which you create or access your Hayr account, such as payment providers, social media services, on-demand music services, or apps or websites who use Hayr’s APIs or whose API Hayr uses
- Financial service providers
- Partner transportation companies
- Marketing service providers.
Hayr may combine the information collected from these sources with other information in its possession for research and development, marketing and analytical basis.
How We Use Your Information
Hayr collects and uses information to enable quick and nearest transportation services. We also use the information we collect:
1. For customer support
2. For research and development
3. To enable communications
4. To provide a seamless experience
5. To show ads and send push notifications
6. In connection with legal proceedings
7. Marketing purposes
8. Analytical purposes
9. This data is collected at Hayr to verify the user’s ability to drive a vehicle and the authentication of the documents for the same purpose. Failure of authentication can lead to special vigilance on the customer for prevention of fraud with Hayr in future.
10. The data can be shared with the authorities of the organization subject to involvement of the in any fraud, accident and other criminal cases.
11. To keep a track on your movement and activity
Hayr uses the information it collects for purposes including:
1. Providing our services
Hayr uses the information we collect to provide, personalize, maintain and improve our products and services. This includes using the information to:
- Create and update your account.
- Verify your identity.
- Enable transportation. This includes automated calculation of services based (on the minutes) for which the Hayr car is used.
- Process or facilitate payments for those services.
- To track the progress of your trip.
- Enable features to personalize your Hayr account, such as creating bookmarks for your favorite places, and to enable quick access to previous destinations.
- Perform R&D necessary to provide our services, including trouble-shooting software bugs and operational problems, to conduct data analysis, testing, and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends.
2. Safety and security
- Verification of Each customer is done before enabling users to book a ride with Hayr and at subsequent intervals to prevent use of our services by fraud customer.
- Using information from customer’ devices to identify unsafe driving behavior such as speeding or harsh braking and acceleration, and to raise awareness among customer regarding such behaviors.
- We have a tracking device in every car to capture the data where the car is moving and to keep in the geo fencing zone. , In case the customer tries to cross the geo fencing zone Hayr holds the authority to lock the car after giving a warning to the customer on the app once.
- Using device, location, profile, usage and other information to prevent, detect, and combat fraud or unsafe activities. This may also include information from third parties. In certain cases such incidents may lead to deactivation by means of an automated decision making process
- The Company can deactivate the profile of a user without prior notice. Hayr holds the authority to block regular defaulters.
3. Call support
Hayr uses the information we collect when you contact our customer care and support services, including to:
- Get your concerns Directed to the appropriate customer support person
- Investigate and address your concerns
- Monitor and improve our customer support responses
4. Research and development
We may use the information we collect for pivotal studies, research, analysis and product development. This allows us to improve and enhance the safety and security of our services, develop new features and products, and facilitate better services next time when you book a trip with us.
5. Communications from Hayr
Hayr may use the information we collect to communicate with you about products, services, promotions, studies, surveys, news, updates and events.
Hayr may use data to serve you relevant ads and content about our services and those of our business partners. You may receive some of these communications based on your profile as a Hayr user.
6. Legal proceedings and requirements
We may use the information we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to your us of Hayr’s services, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
A sigh of relief for the user
Note: Hayr does not sell or share your personal information to third parties for whatever purposes.
Cookies and Third d Party Technologies
What are Cookies?
- Verifying real users and making sure that Hayr services are not being misused by an automated bot.
- Remembering user preferences and choices for future reference, suggestions and advertisements
- Understand the analytical backdrop of data
- Delivering and measuring the effectiveness of advertising campaigns
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Hayr may share the information we collect:
1. At your request
This includes sharing your information with:
- Other people at your request: Hayr may share your information by asking accessing to share info with the third party you are associating with and with the person you share the services to split the fare
- Hayr third party partnerships: For example, if you requested a service through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party, Hayr may share your basic information with those third parties. This may include your personal details and the behavioral patterns for ad purposes.
2. With the general public when you submit content to a public forum
We love hearing from our users — including through public forums such as Hayr blogs, social media, and certain features on our network. When you post on your social media tagging us. It will be visible to the general public.
3. With Hayr and its partners
Haye does share information with its collaborative partners and associated subsidaries to help us provide our services better and conduct some data analytics on our behalf.
7. For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute
Hayr may share your information with the legal authorities of the country, judicial system and any other government body in case it is required.
8. With your Permission
Hayr may share your information other than as described in this policy if we notify you and you consent to the sharing.
Information Retention and Deletion
Hayr requires user profile information in order to provide its services, and retains such information for as long you maintain your Hayr account.
Hayr retains certain information, including transaction, location, device and usage information, for a minimum of 10 years in connection with regulatory, tax, insurance and other requirements in the places in which it operates. Once such information is no longer necessary to provide Hayr’s services we do not keep it.
You may request deletion of your account at any time through the Privacy Settings in the Hayr app, or via Hayr’s website.
Following such request, Hayr deletes the information that it is not required to retain. In certain circumstances, Hayr may be unable to delete your account; such as if there is an outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved claim or dispute. Upon resolution of the issue preventing deletion, Hayr will delete your account as described above.
Hayr may also keep certain information for fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, if Hayr shuts down a user’s account because of unsafe behavior or security incidents, Hayr may retain certain information about that account to prevent that user from opening a new Hayr account in the future.
Choice and Transparency
A. PRIVACY SETTINGS
The Privacy Settings menu in the Hayr customer app gives users the ability to set or update their location and contacts sharing preferences, and their preferences for receiving mobile notifications from Hayr.
- Hayr uses customer’s device location services to make it easier to find a car near to you. Location data helps improve our services, including navigation, and customer support.
Share Live Location
- It has to be enabled every time and on every device which the trip with Hayr is on. This enables Hayr to share your location with our tracking team all the time you request a ride to the start of your trip. This makes it easier for your team to track the car at any point in time.
Notifications: Account and Trip Updates
- Hayr provides users with trip status notifications and updates related to your account. These notifications are a necessary part of using the Hayr app, and cannot be disabled. However, you may choose the method by which you receive these notifications through the Privacy Settings menu in the Hayr app.
Notifications: Discounts and News
- You may enable Hayr to send you push notifications about discounts and news from Hayr. You may enable/disable these notifications at any time through the Privacy Settings menu in the Hayr app.
A special feedback section is also available in the app where any issues faced by the customer during their tip can be given easily. These feedbacks will be recorded for further improvement of the app and website. We at Hayr believe that the true feedback for improvement can only be obtained from the end user. All technical glitches, any difficulty in understanding the processes, Jockey Behavior all can be reported here without any fear. All genuine and true feedbacks are an asset to the organization for their improvement and Growth.
C. FOR ANY CORRECTION IN PROFILE DATA
You may request that Hayr:
- Provide a detailed explanation regarding the information Hayr has collected about you and how it uses that information.
- Receive a copy of the information Hayr has collected about you.
- Request correction of any inaccurate information that Hayr has about you.
You can make these requests by contacting Hayr by writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also edit the name, phone number and email address associated with your account through the Settings menu in Hayr’s apps. You can also look up your trips, orders and deliveries history in the Hayr apps.
E. ADS OPT-OUTS
You may opt out of receiving sponsored emails from Hayr by unsubscribing to those emails. Invoices, receipts will still be sent to you.
Updates to this Policy
We may occasionally update this policy. If we make significant changes, we will notify you of the changes through the Hayr apps or through others means, such as email.